IN10 facts and figures
If you’re caught driving without car insurance, the police can give you a £300 on the spot fine plus 6-8 points on your licence. If you end up in court you could get a £5000 fine and a driving ban. The police can also impound your car.
• Police officers impound around 1500 uninsured vehicles each week.
• 300,000 convictions for uninsured driving each year.
• Uninsured drivers are 10 times more likely to have been convicted of drink driving and 5 times more likely to have been involved in a road traffic accident.
• Uninsured drivers cost the insurance industry £500 million per year.
• Uninsured drivers add an average of £30 to the cost of an insurance premium while insurance fraud adds an additional £39.
• 1 in 200 drivers with a full UK licence have incurred penalties for driving without insurance.
• 226,803 drivers across the UK have points for driving uninsured.
• There are an estimated 1.2 million uninsured drivers on roads across the UK.
• Drivers aged 25-35 are most likely to drive uninsured.
• Over 65s are least likely to drive uninsured.
Here at Emergency Compare we believe there are those who may have missed payment or made a mistake with driving uninsured and their cars been impounded. We can help those in this situation to take their car out of impound and continue with their life.
When the police impound your car, you can still get it back. We are regulated by the FCA to carry out insurance activities.
We work by putting you in touch with proven insurers who have a track record for insuring impounded vehicles and at a great price. By using us you will get the best deals that we have negotiated on your behalf. Finding car insurance for a seized vehicle can be very very hard…only a handful of insurers nationwide can help, and you won’t find them on comparison sites or in the phone book. You will be staggered by the choice we can offer.
Get in touch by calling us for FREE in 0161 975 5606 or through our twitter or Facebook pages. We’ll quickly get in contact and identify your needs. If you want to learn about why cars and vans are taken to a police impounds and what you need to do to get them back, read our informative FAQ’s and information guides.
So the police impounds your car and you have no car insurance? Get in contact to solve your insurance needs today.